Pursuant to the Ohio Revised Code 311.07 and 311.08 the Sheriff can declare an emergency and temporarily close
county and township roads within the Sheriff's jurisdiction for the preservation of the public peace.
Attorney General Opinion 97-015 also allows the Sheriff to close state and municipal roads for the same purpose.
LEVEL 1 - (Rarely Used)
- Roadways are snow covered
- Drive cautious
- Roadways are hazardous with blowing and drifting snow
- Only those who feel it is necessary to drive should be out on the roadways
- Roads are NOT closed for travel
- Roadways are CLOSED to non-essential personnel
- Essential personnel are decided on a case-by-case basis
- No one should be out during these conditions unless absolutely necessary
- You are subject to being stranded or arrested when traveling on the roads